Thursday, December 31, 2009

Amazing Birth Story - Dance that baby out!

From BabyCenter.com


I was due September 28th but ended up going past my due date. On Oct 2nd I went to get checked and I was still barely 1cm dilated and my cervix was up HIGH....they scheduled me to be induced today (Oct. 6).

Well my mother was having her 50th bday party on Saturday and she's German. Some family from Germany came and we had our own Oktoberfest. By then I was 40 weeks and 5 days......they wanted to learn the dance moves to some american songs...I ended up dancing to 5 songs straight and by the end of the Cupid Shuffle I was feeling contractions...

A couple hours after that I decided to go home and rest to see if they would stop (since I had been having false labor for WEEKS)....well I went home and went potty and realized that I had just gushed blood and soaked through my shorts (Sorry tmi).

Timed my contractions and realized they were 3 minutes apart...called hubby and told him to meet me at the Hospital (he was working night shift)....my mom drove me to the hospital.

Got there and they checked me....I was 4-5cm and at 0 station! omg! lol

My daughter was born on October 4th @ 12:03pm....7lbs 6oz...and we couldn't be happier.
Just wanted to wish you all good luck and to remind you NOT to be discouraged...this was my second pregnancy and I couldn't understand how I could go past my due date lol....well I danced my baby out!

Lots of Labor Dust to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment