Sunday, January 22, 2012

Can you hear it? I can hear it... click click click

That is the sound in my head. All 3 of my remaining brain cells randomly running into each other. It doesn't hurt, really... just kinda makes me wonder if an elf has been coloring my roots.

I'm talking baby brain.

I swore by it when I was pregnant with Atlas. Then somewhere in the 18 months of non-pregnancy I completely forgot about it and forgot the helpless feeling of forgetting what day of the week it was ... several times in the same day.

Baby brain is very real.

The only logical explanation these 3 brain cells keep clicking back to me is that I am low on blood. This blood sucking parasite is totally frying my brain!

And what is worse... during those 18 non-pg months I truly believed I must have made it up out of sheer exhaustion! REALLY?! Like I could pretend to be this forgetful!
ooo ooo ooo
Do you have a clue?
You don´t have a clue
...
All the blood to your brain
Is in vain
...
All your stupid friends love you for your mind
I´ve seen you, perfectly designed
Don´t make me smile, don´t make me smile
All you thoughts are perfectly unkind
...
Don´t make me smile
All the stars in the sky
Just crossed your eyes
All the blood to your brain
Is in vain
It's insane
... CLUE by Frente
I can only imagine what my husband is thinking. The other day he left while the baby was asleep in his big boy bed and came home to find me passed out on the couch and the kidlet sitting in front of me watching the news. Come on, I knew he was sitting there at least.
Surging hormone levels and new priorities may explain why pregnancy brain happens.
"There are 15 to 40 times more progesterone and estrogen marinating the brain during pregnancy, and these hormones affect all kinds of neurons in the brain," says Louann Brizendine, MD, director of the Women's Mood and Hormone Clinic at the University of California, San Francisco. (more)
 Where as I? I forget. But I think it is bc the baby needs the blood more than I do. ...little does it know.

No comments:

Post a Comment