Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Today I fell on my back, thanks snow covered ice. Pray please.

I had my first fall on ice. OMGGGGGGGGoodness I was in such pain that I laid in the snow (there was ice UNDER IT!!!) and just moaned and hoped someone anyone heard me. I was in my driveway. This happened at 4:09pm. I dont know how long I laid there on my back. Felt like 10 minutes. I got very cold.
I had a fight or flight moment and somehow managed to get up. I was in so much pain I didnt even cry. I thought I had broken my hip or my tailbone. Still not completely sure I havent. I got inside and was kept saying "Bob, I fell, I fell." over and over and over. He helped me to the couch where I fell on my face and laid there for almost 2 hours. We iced, we used Essential Oils, we iced, more E.O.s. Aria wanted to nurse and I about died trying to find a way to sit up. When Bob went to help me back to laying down I thought for sure my hip was broken. I have Spina Bifida Occulta (sounds awful, but 1/3rd of the world has it, you all just never find it without an injury... I broke a bone in my back at 12 years old in gymnastics) and Spondylolisthesis. THE LAST THING I NEED is to injure my lower back more. A few minutes ago I was able to get up and walk a little. I am feeling a bit better than I was just after it happened, so I am praying to God that I only bruised it.

We considered going to the ER, but we dont qualify for indigent and we are almost paycheck to paycheck right now.... oh and then there are the holidays were you are required to spend more money... and the gas to travel next week. ::headdesk:: I truly believe the EOs have been helping, but I am still in a fair amount of pain. My neighbor is a Physical Therapist and I texted him, he offered to come over tonight, but I went from paralysis to walking 7 steps and decided we would wait until tomorrow when we could actually have an "appointment" not just abuse our neighbor, if I needed to be seen.

PLEASE pray for me that this is just a deep bruise. I am not even concerned with not being able to jog for a while, and if you know me, you know how much I depend on my daily run. I just dont want to have hurt my back :'(

I also have that whole thyroid thing going on that I posted about in the facebook group... but really, this seriously trumps it right now.

Thanks In Advance for the prayers <3 span="">

No comments:

Post a Comment