Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tell me you're kidding...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the babycenter.com website. Honest. What I don't love is the (actual) conspiracy theory that we must vaccinate against every thing. My husband says it is a conspiracy theory the rest of us have against shooting up our infants. Nononono... so contraire.

THIS is from my daily newsletter from BabyCenter:
Is your child getting the right shots at the right time? A new vaccine schedule has just been released by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. There's also big news about Autism and the MMR vaccine.

As if 34 shots aren't enough... Now my son needs HPV by 9 years old? I'm sorry, it is not a helicopter parent to merely know what your 9 year old IS OR ISN'T doing, that is simply being a parent of a 9 year old.

A suggestion that a three-dose series of the HPV4 vaccine can be given to boys between 9 and 18 years old to prevent genital warts.
It might be a different story when he is 17, but being that the HPV isn't even available to anyone over 25, makes you wonder why we should give it to kids? No, really... I asked about it several years ago and my doctor told em I was too old anyhow.

One more study finds that the measles vaccine -- given alone or as part of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine -- does not increase the risk of autism in children.
Were we really in debate of the ACTUAL "MEASLES" vaccine or was it everything else in it? hmmm. Measles won't kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment