Monday, February 22, 2010

Why does a newborn need HepB?

It's a real question?

How do you get it? Possible forms of transmission include (but are not limited to) unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusions, re-use of contaminated needles & syringes, and vertical transmission from mother to child during childbirth. (Wikipedia)

Dunno about you, but I am free and clear of any diseases. My child will not be having unprotected sex at 2 months old (can't say I can stop him at 17, but I have a long time before I have to start worrying about that, 17 years and 6 weeks hopefully.) God willing, my child won't need any blood transfusions, but if he does, we will worry about contamination at that point. No need taking Tylenol before you have a headache, right?

My Cousin Jennifer posted a link to Ian's Story. He was given the shot and died a horrible painful death. Sure, not all babies will have a negative reaction, in fact, probably very few. But if Ian was your son, you would sure have wished you didn't get vaccines you might not have needed. In fact, you might even question all vaccines.

If you don't question them all, you might as well be letting a stranger feed your newborn. I mean, really... you know as much of what they are putting in your baby as you know of what the doctors are putting in him.

I'm not saying DON'T vaccinate at all. Do your own study. BUT DO YOUR OWN STUDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment