Wednesday, March 24, 2010

C-Section Rates - Finally MSM gets it... I think

Well, at least ABC News is beginning to recognize that the rising rate of cesarean birth is ridiculous.

This is the second time in as many months that ABC has reported this on their news, as if no one knew. Those of us who are actually proactive in our birth plans know. And it is shocking, to me at least, that anyone would opt for a CS when they didn't need one. It's like anti-depressants, you merely have to ask your doctor for it and they write up the script for you. Trust me, I know. (But I promise I never abused it.. I hated the feeling of needing a mind suppressant.)

C-Section Births Hit Record High; Most Common Surgery in U.S. Hospitals

It is now the most common surgical procedure in American hospitals: one in every three babies in the U.S. now come into the world by caesarian section. According to a new report released Tuesday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics, the C-section rate rose by 53 percent between 1996 and 2007.

Watch the video, the doctor talks about it not being a big deal and he says in his hospital it is about 2/3rd of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment