Sunday, January 9, 2011

Going Home

Silly me to plan things.

Best Plan - Bob gets Atlas ready and playing with him so that he isn't upset or overly excited that Bob is back and then I enter through the front door and Atlas is excited to see me and takes his first steps to get to me so fast. All on camera, of course.

Worst Plan - My child doesn't even want to see me

Reality - We set it up for me to come through the front door, but when Atlas saw me he clung to his daddy. It took him a while to come around and smile at me. Then he wanted to play with the ugly bulgy glued up slit on my neck. (They even said they glued it) Within 10 minutes he realized I was the boob and grabbed onto me and nursed and just stared at me.

I hadn't had any pain meds since 10pm the night before (the lactation nurse called back to tell me that the Lortab would be OK regardless, but everyone here gave me the evil eye for even considering it) and the antibiotics are OK if they happen to cross the milk. Don't worry I checked EVERYTHING out. (repeat - evil eye)

I dont know if my calcium has stayed up or not, I know that I got home at 1pm and by 5pm I was back in bed and didn't even blink until after 7:30pm. I assume my BP is in normal range for me... somewhere around 90/60. Again, don't know and I plan on going back to bed here fairly soon.

Bob is putting the baby down. I kinda like this routine they are working on. So far he has laid him down twice, and the baby wants back up now. Bob is good. It has got to be one of the hardest things in the world to jump into someone else's schedules and try to find a way to make it work for you.

Before I went into the hospital Atlas bopped me hard on the nose, I thought he broke it then I was playing with him and he threw his car into my eye and I had a huge purple goosebump pop up above my eyeball.... it is finally going down. The night before THAT I scalded myself while sterilizing bottle parts. It's been a rough weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, So glad to hear you are home where your comfort and security will aid in your healing. I do hope you take lots of time to rest and not demand of yourself to perform as you did prior to surgery. This is a chance for those who love you to do for you which will make them feel better. Know many prayers are being uplifted on your behalf today. They continue to include mine. Warmly, Marcia M.

    ReplyDelete